Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Human Planet


The "Human Planet" is my latest addiction! It is an 8-part British television documentary series which describes the human species and its relationship with the natural world by showing the remarkable ways humans have adapted to life in every environment on earth.

I was glued to my seat and too afraid to blink in case I missed something incredible. For once I did not even snack while I watched (not even chocolate)... I kid you not. Although even though I am not the queasy type I'm not sure one can really eat while learning about a Sky burial for the first time.

The footage is mind-blowing and they even show you how they filmed and which stories were the most challenging to film.

One day I will get paid to go to these places and film or just go to these places and I will have no other work and everything will be beautiful but until then I will have to settle for watching the Human Planet and Home.

(Home is available on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=jqxENMKaeCU)

2 comments:

Ridwan said...

Sadly I am missing all of this.

But I can relate to the need for time to read and watch as I please.

Peace to you.

Ridwan

desert demons said...

you need to make the time bro - no excuses !